Thursday, October 18, 2012

Random Stuff...


While going about my day I constantly am thinking about things to blog about, but then the day progresses and I go about my life, and before I know it bedtime is upon me. I should just carry a tape recorder around with me, and then transcribe my thoughts onto my blog from each days recordings.

My oldest son had his first encounter with being bullied that was above and beyond "normal kid stuff", and I really want to go and beat the crap out of the offending party. Thankfully, this situation did not occur in a school setting, so I know that he can go to school each day and not have to worry about the bullying to happen there. I was so taken aback by the nastiness of the situation, and also by the complete lack of honesty (although I shouldn't have been surprised because if a kid can be that nasty why in the world would he/she show remorse or own up to his/her bad behavior) when confronted about the issue at hand. I don't want to go into the details too much - because although right now I have maybe 2 readers (my husband and a childhood friend) someday I hope to attract more visitors (I should probably tell people that I have a blog then, shouldn't I?) - I don't want to expose anyone because I do not think that is fair by going into the whole story. I would like to say that the responsible adult that handled the situation once it was brought to his/her attention handled it very well. I also know that I was very surprised by the wrath that I felt towards the kid(s) who were to cruel to Andy. I get that kids are mean and rotten to each other sometimes - it is a part of life, and it will help my kids adjust to being adults, but when it crosses that line to just plain cruelty I have NO tolerance for that. As my children's mother I feel that it is my job to let my children learn about life, and not hover over them - they will learn nothing that way, BUT if you cross that line with my kids it is MY job as their mother to PROTECT them. They need to know that I have their back ALWAYS when they are being bullied by others.

On another note - I had my last appointment yesterday with the fertility clinic about  reversing my tubal. From my doctors standpoint - IT IS A GO!!! All of my tests came back well, and showed that everything inside "down there" is in good working order. I also had genetic testing done, and I am not a carrier for any genetic diseases. So, at this point it is a matter of trying to find a way to pay for the surgery (which is not covered my insurance and is quite costly). I have a couple of ideas, and I think that I can convince my husband that they are actually decent ideas that would work out. I feel in my heart that my husband has warmed up to the idea of having another baby. I wouldn't say that he is gung ho about it, but I will say that when he holds my newborn niece I can see him thinking about whether or not he could do this again. When we talk about the reversal I can also tell by his language that he is more 'yes' than 'no' on this situation. For example, the other night we were talking on the phone (he is currently in Chicago for work) about how to pay for the surgery, and also the costs of the pregnancy and the delivery of a baby. He told me that he wanted to look and see which insurance company would cover the costs of the above mentioned procedures (pregnancy & delivery) the most. Now, I certainly did not call him out on that and point out his 'pro baby' conversation, but I did a little dance of joy in my head that is for sure. I think that he knows how much this would mean to me, and how fleeting this life is. Now, before I get ahead of myself I should probably clarify that he has not given it a 'go' yet. We are going to talk about it this weekend, and then if he says 'yes' (please pray that he does) then I will schedule the surgery on Monday for sometime at the end of December/early January.

Finally - I have lost 17 lbs, and I am super excited. I have been reading A LOT about how we raise and slaughter our meat and dairy animals, and I have decided that I am going to slowly move towards a vegan diet. Having been a vegetarian for the past 17 years (minus the 1 time a year I eat my Grandmother's chicken cutlets) not eating meat has not been hard, but I have given up milk, eggs, and all other dairy products. That has been a little bit harder to adjust to, and I am sure that I am still consuming items that have some of those products in them. (I try to read the labels, but companies are very tricky, and sometimes those items are not listed as dairy, milk, eggs, but rather under a name I do not recognize as being one of those items.) I am losing this weight by walking 3-4 times a week, and also by eliminating animal products from my diet. I  feel really good, and I am excited by the fact that hopefully sooner rather than later I will be living a cruelty free life (and be a heck of a lot skinnier).

No comments:

Post a Comment