Monday, December 3, 2012

A Day In The Life As Elizabeth's Mother

While tucking Elizabeth into bed Saturday night:


Elizabeth: "Mommy, I don't want to grow up."
Me: "Really?"
Elizabeth: "I don't want to get married either."
Me: "Well, you certainly don't have to get married if you don't want to."
Elizabeth: "And I don't want to have children's." (LOVE the 's' she put on the end of that word.)
Me: "Well, you don't have to have children either. That choice is completely yours."
Elizabeth: " I think I want to be an artist, or maybe a teacher when I grow up."
Me: "I think that either of those jobs would be perfect for you."
Elizabeth: "But I am worried that a really handsome man will ask me to marry him, and I will say 'yes' because he is handsome, and then we will be getting ready to get married, but I won't really want to marry him. I will only be marrying him because he is handsome."
Me: "Elizabeth - you don't have to marry anyone - not even if they are SUPER handsome - if YOU don't want to."
Elizabeth: "Ok. Good. I think I am going to live with you forever then..."


Me: Silent....

No comments:

Post a Comment