Friday, December 14, 2012

Peeing My Pants with Excitement

I am so excited for Christmas that I think I am going to have just as hard of a time sleeping on Christmas Eve as my kids will. I am excited that we all still believe in the magic of Christmas. I am excited that we can all still hear the bell ringing, and can feel the spirit of Christmas in our hearts.

I feel rejuvenated this Christmas season. I feel like I did when I was a kid. I am giddy, and so excited I could just about pee my pants. I am so grateful that I have had Santa discussions with each of my boys. I am grateful that they know that believing in Santa Claus is not something that everyone buys into, and that there are MANY out there who CHOOSE not to believe. I am most grateful that they know this, and believe all the same. I am grateful that they made a decision in their hearts to keep on believing in the magic of Santa Claus despite what the "facts" and "evidence" would have us believe. Watching them work through these decisions has strengthened my existing beliefs that Santa indeed does exist. That once you stop believing in him, whether you are young or old, he stops coming. That you can CHOOSE to believe in him for your whole life.To know that sometimes the best things in life are those that we cannot explain or make sense of, or see. We must believe with our hearts.

Image Source Page: http://walking.about.com/od/holiday/ss/christmastrees_2.htm


I have this feeling that Santa is going to be amazing this year, and gift my kids with many of the things on their wish list (which were all small) and then some. I am going to be so excited as they open each gift wondering what the contents of each box holds. To see the excitement on their faces as they see that Santa did come through once again.

                                                                         Image Source Page: http://www.busybeecandles.co.uk/shop/sleigh-bells/

I know that Christmas is not supposed to be all about gifts. I get that. My kids get that. But it is still super fun to be able to have what your heart desires (from a kids point of view) once a year.


More importantly, I am excited about this Christmas because we will ALL be together for 2 whole weeks. Family has taken on an even more important meaning to us than ever before because of our family's separation while Bob is away in Chicago. It will be so nice to be a complete unit once again, and to know that we are getting closer to the finishing point of this roller coaster life of ours.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. May the spirit of the season be with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment