Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Super Woman

Do you ever wish that you could divide yourself up, so that you could perform different tasks at once? Right now, I very much feel that way. Two of my kiddos were home from school yesterday. One of them was sick with a pretty severe headache, and the other one was just plain burnt out. Because my kids do well in school and are not sick often when I can see that they are burning themselves out I will allow them a day off during the school year to recoup. They are good about not trying to take advantage of this which is a good thing because if they did I would eliminate the idea altogether.

So, this led me to having two kids under the weather yesterday on my living room couch. Both kids needed me equally, and since (surprise!) I am only 1 person I felt like I was constantly letting one of them down to be with the other. I don't like that feeling. On top of that there is still laundry, housework, grocery shopping, etc...that needs to be done. I could have really used 5 or 6 of me yesterday to get everything done I needed to. Needless to say I am a little behind on some of my housework (which I am trying to not let overwhelm me especially because I have out of state relatives arriving on Friday), but I know that it is not so bad that I cannot get back on my schedule with a little bit of elbow grease and sweat.

I know that I am not alone in trying to be everywhere and do everything at one time. I think I will try and take comfort in that over the next couple of days as I get my house back in order, groceries in my fridge, laundry done, and most importantly my children well.


On a side note - I am doing a little bit better after my freak out last week. I am definitely nowhere near good, but because I have been forced to take life one day at a time (by my fragile spirit), I am stepping back from total insanity to just the insanity that comes from being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment