Monday, August 11, 2014

New Mexico Bound

Yep, you read that right. Our family is headed to New Mexico in about a month. Bob got a promotion and we are super stoked about a getting a new start on life. Of course, I am nervous about the kids being kidnapped in some drug cartel heist and illegal immigrants showing up at our front door in need of food and water, but other than that I am super excited.  (Totally kinda kidding here.)
photocourtesy of wikipedia.com

We will be most likely living in Las Cruces, NM, but the possibility of us living in El Paso, TX is also up for discussion. Bob's first day in the new office is scheduled to be September 8th, but he could actually be leaving a bit earlier for a training session in Cheyenne, WY. We will follow sometime after Bob. We are waiting to hear from our "moving consultant" for the exact dates that we (meaning me, the kids, and the dog) will be joining Bob. We should know more sometime this week.


photo courtesy of: tripadvisor.com


Three of the kids are pretty stoked. One is not at all excited. I am eager for a new start in a completely different landscape, but am sad to leave behind my family and friends. After 3 years of starts and stops in his career movement I am happy that Bob has finally found a new ladder rung on which to stand on for a while. He has worked so hard and tried to be the best at his job, and it is finally paying off for him. I am immensely proud of him.
photo courtesy of: wikipedia.org

I would be lying if I said that I was not nervous to move to such an extremely different part of the country. Everything will be different down there. I think that our family is up for the challenge though. I plan on homeschooling them this year while they get acclimated, and then if they should so choose, they will be more than welcome to join their local schools.

I will share more as I know more. For now, I am just going to enjoy what this summer has left with family and friends and allow my children that same honor. We are going to make the most of our time here so that we will look back with no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment