Friday, August 1, 2014

Team Hope - Pedal to the Point

3 days after I signed up for this year's Pedal to the Point I was told that Sarah most likely did not have MS, and  the wind went right out of my sails to fundraise for this event. I didn't want to ask people (who so completely and openly donated their money for Sarah's cause last year) to do so again knowing full well that this was not the disease that she actually had.

Bob decided to stay the course though, and is going to be racing in the event this weekend. He (and my father-in-law) are planning on riding the whole 150 miles. Because we each signed up, we need to raise $300.00 a piece. If we do not raise that amount we will owe the National MS Society what ever we don't fundraise.

While I will definitely be donating to the cause (my mom has MS) I was not planning on donating $600. I know that almost all of us have a relative or friend who suffers from MS. I am hoping that you will join Bob and my father-in-law and support Team Hope, not in honor of Sarah, but in honor of your loved one who suffers from this autoimmune disease.

Here is the link provided - the money is not due officially until the end of September - but the quicker I can raise this $600.00 the easier I can sleep at night (or at least pretend to sleep). So, will you help me?

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=23877&team_id=366401

(I do laugh now at what I wrote because as those of you who follow our journey will see - we have been through so much since I wrote this up in the beginning of January!)

No comments:

Post a Comment