Sunday, June 14, 2015

Footprints in the Sand



When I was a child and young adult this poem always touched me, but I could never understand why. I did not have a strong belief system in God in those younger days.  Our pastor read it at church a few weeks ago as part of his sermon. I hadn't thought of this poem in years prior to hearing it that Sunday. Now I cannot seem to get it out of my head. As my faith grows more and more each day I am surprised by how often God was trying to reach me in my youth, but because I was too stubborn and closed off to acknowledge Him in my life He remained in the background. It brings me so much comfort to know that on the darkest days of my life I was never alone - even when I felt like I was.

footprints in the sand poem |  "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul ...

No comments:

Post a Comment