Thursday, June 18, 2015

H-O-T = HOT

I think I jinxed our family when I wrote about how nice the days were because it was hot, but not unbearable during the day and desert cool at night. That changed, oh, the next day after I posted that blog. Now we reach high 90's / low 100's daily and let me tell you that is a hot unlike any I have ever experienced. That desert sun is a scorcher. Without the protection of the shade it feels much hotter.   Like holy cow how to people survive without central air and pools H-O-T? I venture out only when I absolutely have to because it is just that hot.

 Yes, I completely agree that the heat here is different than back in Ohio because the humidity is so much less here, but hot is hot. So that argument is null and void at this point. This, to me, is like I am living in hell hot. Not. A. Fan. Except that I kinda am because I still get to enjoy the sunshine every day from my windows or from my pool. Spoiled? Yes. Very grateful of that? Yes. I thank God every.single.day. for the life I am blessed to live.

Oh, and the heat has also brought these incredible storms. Last night we had one. It seemed to blow in from nowhere and just hung around for over an hour.  The wind was (to me, but not really) of hurricane proportions. It knocked over our basketball hoop in the front yard. The rain? Man, when it rains here it pours. There isn't really that gentle sprinkle like back in Ohio. You might have that for a few seconds and then BAM! rain that feels like bullets on your back comes down in buckets. It is crazy!!! BUT...it is beautiful to watch the storms come through on the back patio where I can overlook the valley and see the sky for miles and miles.  The lightning here is like nothing I have ever seen in my whole life. It is beautiful and if I think of it the next time it storms at night I will take pictures.

And the sunsets? Gorgeous lately. Our pictures don't do the sunsets justice here, so you all will just have to come down here and visit us to see them for yourselves.






Even the bad weather makes me appreciate my life here so much. There is beauty to be found every where. Even when it is H-O-T hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment