Saturday, June 13, 2015

I think...

I think:

1. It is going to be a great school year for the kids and I.
2. Remaining calm and not stressed out with the rigorous schedule that I have set up for the kids is going to be a challenge. 
3. If I just remember to take one moment at a time this challenge should not be too overwhelming. 
4. I love buying new school books and supplies.
5. The beginning of a new school year is what I consider a "New Year". January has never really been good marker of a new year for me.
6. We are going to spend out time doing a lot of hands on activities this school year. 
7. We really are going to need to get a second car.
8. That I cannot make Andy like it here. 
9. Andy is old enough to create a life for himself. My job is to provide him with opportunities - His job is to capitalize on that opportunity. 
10. Josh is going to have harder time than he thought getting back into soccer shape. 
11. Elizabeth is growing up too fast. 
12. Elizabeth is changing so much that I cannot believe that she is the same person from even just 2 months ago. 
13. Sarah is starting to become a young woman - and I am not ready 
14. Nothing in this whole wide world makes me happier than to see Sarah smile. 
15. I need to focus on making the most of the time I have here instead of worrying about the next move.
16. Sometimes I struggle with guilt over moving the kids away from their family and friends, especially when I see them sad, but then I remember how good this space has been for me and I know with certainty that despite its challenges this move has been the best thing for us. 
17. I never truly understood how important it was to take care of myself, so that I can better take care of those around me, until I moved to New Mexico. 
18. Nothing is better in life than having a swimming pool and sunshine in your backyard every day. 
19. The sunshine is more valuable than gold to me. 
20. I would have a hard time living somewhere that did not get as much sun as we get in Las Cruces.
21. It would be really nice if there was a direct flight from here to Ohio. 
22. It would be just as nice if flights didn't cost an arm and a leg from here to Ohio.
23. That this last visit back to Ohio was my best yet. It was great to see everyone. 
24. That my mom and dad's house is one of my most favorite places to visit because it brings back so many memories of my earlier parenting days. (When the kids were little Bob worked second shift and I would take my kids up to my parents 2-3 times a week. I have fond memories of hanging out with them.)
25. That someday I need to live among trees and grass and water again. 
26. I don't know why, but trees are very spiritual things to me. Sitting alone in a wooded forest is sacred and touches me deeply. 
27. I love going to church and I never thought I would. 
28. Even when I was forsaking Him - God was always with me. 
29. The poem, "Footprints in the Sand", is very special to me. The pastor read the poem at church a couple of weeks ago and I cried.
30. I love my life. 
31. I am so blessed to be able to live the life I do. Even with all of its hardships I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
32. I love my husband for so many reasons, but one of the biggest is because he is an amazing father to our children. 
33. Like most women, I am superwoman, except I forget to see that all too often. Remembering that is vital.
34. I am the heart of this family. The mood, the tone, the warmth of this home all come from me. It is my job to make my husband and children feel that warmth.
35. I have the best job(s) in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment