Friday, June 19, 2015

T.G.I.F

It has been one heck of a week around here. Andy (and now Josh) started two-a-day soccer practices. The kids and I began our very intensive, but hands on fun school year. Bob has been working some v-e-r-y long days due to his office having visitors. I have been getting up at 5 am (although today it was 6 am) to prepare the day's meals for everyone so that I don't have to take time away from schooling to actually do so. We are all ready for the weekend and the break that comes with it. We have no plans and plan on keeping it that way. Well, I guess that is not entirely true as there is some yard work to be done (which I am trying to put off until the fall because it is just so hot here)  and for sure the meal planning/grocery shopping for next week's menu will need to be accomplished, and a little bit of housework will need to be caught up on, but THEN we will all just relax and be lazy. The boys especially are looking forward to sleeping in as they have not had to get up at 6 am consistently their whole lives. They have been troopers about it and generally jump out of bed when their alarm goes off, or in the event they forget to set it, when I go in to wake them. We are all exhausted are are looking forward to a weekend of (almost) nothing.



Another beautiful sunset from our backyard. 









Mr. Samuel Gregg

Getting a good petting from Sarah. 

I love when my kids laugh a belly laugh. It is probably one of the greatest joys in my life. Sarah was in the beginning stages of a belly laugh here...


Miss Lily - the beast dog. 


Girls jumping last night waiting for the boys to get home from soccer practice. 

Flowers outside the casita / school room. 


A tomato plant. Smelling tomato plants reminds me of the smell of my grandfather's garden growing up. I don't eat tomatoes very often and planted this plant solely for the purpose of  having the smell and memory of my grandfather's garden. 



No comments:

Post a Comment