Saturday, July 11, 2015

Flying Solo

I just dropped Bob off at the airport this morning. He will be away on business for the week while I hold down the fort here. I am trying to convince the kids that a road trip today with the dogs is a great idea. They aren't buying it - at least my boys aren't. (It is 10:40 am here and my girls are still asleep. Thunderstorms last night kept them up for a good portion of their normal sleeping hours.)

The storms here are unpredictable with makes planning something a bit tricky. The weather app on my phone will show clear and sunny skies for the whole day and then boom! a thunderstorm will roll in. The storms are beautiful, but not something that I want to be stuck in.

Since we start school up again on Monday (our first 3 week session went pretty well) and I need to prep for the next 3 week session tomorrow today is the best day to head out and explore. The sky's the limit out here, so we'll see where my adventurous spirit takes us!

Josh and Elizabeth working on building a mine shaft using crafting sticks, a 5 lb bag of flower, and a bucket.

Andy and Sarah working on the same project.

Samuel - not being very helpful. 

Elizabeth working on her Celtic family crest.


Andy working on his. 

Sarah's crest. (She only had minimal help. I think she did a fabulous job!)

Andy's crest. 



Mr. Scientist at work

Almost empty cupboards...time to go shopping. 

Pretty bare freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment