Friday, September 4, 2015

Love In A Box - Not Forgotten

Do you remember the day I wrote about receiving a surprise box at my front door with goodies in it that were selected just for me? I called it love in a box. Do you remember how that simple act of kindness changed a piece of me forever? To this day, thinking about receiving that box and all of the contents inside gives me chills.

Receiving that box made me want to send one out to others. I want other women (sorry, guys) to feel that complete sense of wonder and love that I felt when I opened each item in the box. I want them to feel special and sacred just as I felt. And I want the surprise of the box to take their breath away just like it did for me. Just a random box arriving on a random day for a special someone can have such a tremendous impact.

I have sent one box out  and that was several months ago. I had wanted to send them out more often, but it is taking me a bit more time to save up the amount of money that I need to make the box something extra special. So to remind myself and make these boxes more of a priority I have placed a jar above my kitchen sink as a reminder, everyday, that the next person is waiting for their surprise. Having this jar above my sink has helped me to save about 1/4 of my desired dollar amount. I put every spare dollar in there in hopes that I can get to my desired dollar amount that much more quickly.

I have the person in mind that I am going to send my next box to. I have had her in mind ever since I sent out my first box. I don't know her very well, so her box is going to be a bit more tricky. I hope that she will enjoy getting this box as much as I am loving saving my money for her, and as much as I will love purchasing her items.

I hope that as I am able to send out more and more of these boxes that the women who receive them will in turn send out their own boxes. The magic of receiving one of these boxes is priceless.

I cannot wait to get my next one out.









No comments:

Post a Comment