Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Leading Up to Christmas

Moose falls asleep in the weirdest positions. He is so cute and is the "purrfect" fit for our family. We just adore him. 
 A few days after I came to Arcadia Beach by myself I decided to bring the kids up here. The sun has been very generous with its appearances here in the Portland area this fall/winter and I find myself taking every opportunity that I can to enjoy its warmth. Last week we had another couple of days of forecasted sunshine. I decided that the kids could skip school and we would head to the beach for the day where the temps were in the high 40's / low 50's. The clouds were few and far between. I love the fact that I can take my family to the ocean in December and we can spend the day there without freezing.

The kids had fun building a fort. Sarah wove some seating out of large pieces of seaweed. I took a long walk down the beach again with Lily while the kids were occupied. I love when they all band together like a tribe and work on a project together. Each child has his or her own part to contribute and each person is equally needed.

My one son always amazes me because he will groan and kvetch when I tell the kids of an outing I would like to take - especially if this outing has to do with nature. But he always seems to have a good time and this day was no exception. After the sun had set it was growing colder quickly and I had asked the kids if they were ready to head out. It was my initially uncooperative son who asked if they could stay longer because the kids were all having a good time together and wanted to finish up their fort.

When our family gets the official word that we are leaving this area I will celebrate. It is no secret that the kids and I do not like living here at all. (At. All.) When I think about leaving the one thing  that I know I will miss is the ocean. Having the ability to be at its doorstep in an hour and fifteen minutes is a gift. I try to head out there as much as my life will allow because I always find myself rejuvenated by the ocean. The rocky driftwood littered shorelines are stunningly beautiful and speak to me the way A Mountain and Soledad Canyon did in Las Cruces.

Although similar to my last post I could not help posting the pictures from this day as well.








































No comments:

Post a Comment