Friday, December 22, 2017

Time By The Ocean

I love how you can see the high tide water line on these rocks. I think that is so cool. It also amazes me just how far the Pacific Ocean moves going from high to low tide. 


Sometimes I just need some space to clear my head. It seems like the ocean knows this and calls to me silently from within. I don't know how this works, but I can feel it pull me toward it until I can no longer resist. Bob understands this and lets me go whenever I need to. And so, two weeks ago Bob had a Monday off and I took the liberty to head out to the ocean for the day. I brought my trusty partner in crime Miss Lily with me and we had a great day. The ocean is beautiful. Just breathtaking. I hope anyone who has the opportunity to come to the ocean in the Pacific Northwest does so.









Look at these blue skies!!! We have been having an amazing fall/winter here. There has been so much sunshine for this part of the country. I am so thankful for it as last winter was so awful. It has been such a blessing to see the sun. 


These rocks remind me of alligators. 

The fog that day was kinda crazy/kinda cool. 

At my grandparents first house there was a tree we all called the kissing tree because the two trees had joined together and looked like they were well, kissing. I immediately thought of that tree when I saw these two rocks. So these are forever known to me as the kissing rocks. 

This boat must have washed up on shore sometime either that night or in the previous day. Towards the end of my day here at the beach the authorities were on site checking it out as well. I came back to this beach with the kids about a week and a half later and the boat was gone.  

Do you see that little hump of a rock off at the end of that main rock section? That is where I am heading. That is my favorite spot to be out of all of the beaches I have been to. On the other side of that rock formation is Hug Point. This spot is only accessible at low tide - and not even all low tides - only certain ones. 



Where you see this person is where I am headed. I love, love, love to just sit there and look at the water and think. It is one of nature's best thinking spots. 


I am sitting at my spot. This is an old access road from a long time ago. (How horses got around this I do not know, but they did.) It is obviously now long abandoned, but it still remains to connect Hug Point (which you see here) to Arcadia Beach (which is where I was spending this particular day.)

I like how the water is deep here. It scares me a bit. The ocean is strong, the pull of the current forceful, and I am always afraid of falling in or being swept away. I have a very healthy respect for the ocean. 


I am always fascinated by the waves that are in the deeper parts of the water. I ended up seeing a few dolphins swimming not much farther out than this picture was taken. It was fun to watch them. 






Hug Point on my left.

Arcadia Beach on my right. 










I wonder where in Asia this boat was from? I wonder how long the boat had been in the ocean and what caused it to end up on this shore? I wonder if the fishermen in the boat survived its sinking?


It is amazing to me that the waves of the ocean carried this vessel to this point. Just amazing. 

My pal for the day.

When we leave here I think I will miss the ocean the most. I love the rocks that dot the water in this part of the country. And although I prefer the Atlantic Ocean for its warmth and waves more than the Pacific I think the Pacific is much more beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment