Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October's Reading List

I have picked up my reading this month as I have been making a conscious effort to be mindful of my electronic usage. I still have a long way to go until I feel comfortable with the amount of time I am on electronics, but the progress I have made so far is making me hopeful that, with commitment, I can accomplish my goals.

Here are the books I read in October:

I am fascinated with all Native American History, but particularly the Lakota Sioux history. This is the first book that I have read from a Native American perspective and I loved it.  

I have read this book before, but I was waiting for a library book to come in and picked this one off of my own book shelf. I really enjoyed it the first time I read it and I feel the same way this time too. 

I read this book over a decade ago and just finished another book by the same author called "Half Broke Horses" I wanted revisit this book because it follows the story of the same family. It did not disappoint. I loved that it was set in West Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. 

I cannot tell you how many times I have read this book, but what I can tell you is that it is one of my favorites. I imagine that I will read it many more times in my lifetime. It is probably one of my favorite books ever. 

Sarah has been asking me to read this book for months. She listened to it and loved it. I was hesitant at first because I didn't think that I could enjoy it, but I did. What I enjoyed even more though were the discussions that it prompted between Sarah and I as I made my way through the book.

This book captured my attention while I wandering through the aisles of Barnes and Noble a month or two ago. After I read the jacket I know that I had to read the book. It was a fascinating book.


I am currently reading:

I loved Khaled Hoseini's two other books: "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I loved them both so much in fact that I've read them both multiple times and also read them both as read a loud's to Sarah. I am not as impressed by this book. I am hoping that the ending is going to be fantastic and is going to make me change my mind about this book, but I don't think I would read this one again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment