Monday, November 12, 2018

How I Plan My Day

I am the type of person that the more time I have the less I seem to get done. I wander aimlessly through my day forgetting to do this or that, and inevitably those forgotten items get backed up. Like just about all of you, I cannot have my life get backed up. There just isn't enough time in my day to get caught back up once I get behind on something without stopping everything to do so.


In order to combat getting behind I have been using a customized daily schedule. Originally, the idea came from trying out the Bullet Journal system, but after many attempts I realized that that just wasn't for me. I would always compare my journal to the really artistic ones on Pinterest and get majorly discouraged.

So, I decided to use some of the ideas of the bullet journal system that I found most useful and create my own daily schedule. I really like using this system because it allows me to sit down for about 30 minutes each night and intentionally plan my day. It also gives me some direction when I am feeling aimless.  I use my system in tandem with my Erin Condren planners (which I love!).

Here is a look at how I build out my day:

I use Staedtler pens and colored pencils. The pens/markers don't bleed through my next page and I love the fine points of them. The colored pencils are nice also. They are easy to sharpen and the tips don't break off very easily. 

This is what a finished day looks like. 

Building out a new day. 

I don't always create my right hand pages in the same way, but I usually have the same headings. 




I use the next day notes section to jot down anything that I come across during the day that I will need to include in my next day's planning.  Otherwise everything else is pretty self explanatory. 


Another completed day. 

Sometimes I will add a sticky note if I am not by my planner when an idea comes up. 
*I tried to turn all of the pictures, but I was having trouble getting them to copy into blogger after turning them in Paint. I am out of time to try and figure out why this is so. Even though the pictures are not exactly as I would want them to be for you I think you still get the idea I am trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment