Friday, November 2, 2018

This Week - In Pictures

 This week was a normal week in the Gregg household right now.  The kids and I worked on school work. Andy is working a lot. Josh is deciding on club teams he wants to try out for while getting ready to play on two different indoor teams. Sarah and Elizabeth volunteered at the horse barn. Bobby had a busy week at work. Three of the kids were inspired by me making a space of my own in the house and want to create a space for themselves as well. The girls rearranged their room to accommodate space of their own within a shared space and Andy and I will be working on his room tomorrow. The weather has been a bit crazy with one day being warm and sunny and the next day being cold and raining. Unlike Portland, however, this rain has been soothing.

Here is what our week looked like:


There is a beautiful bush outside of my living room window. I am currently obsessed with it and its vibrant red leaved. 

Doing school work -Sarah helping Elizabeth with her writing...

The girls are learning about the Byzantine Empire in history. They created their own set of Justinian Laws for the bedroom. 

The girls re-arranged some furniture in their rooms. It looks great. This is Sarah's side. 

Sarah's side.

Elizabeth's side
Elizabeth LOVES Legos. She is so, so, so creative with them. She was working on a project when I took this picture. 



The girls dressed Moose up for Halloween. He was a Hello-Kitty.


My flapper. She recycled this costume this year (from last year). She looks beautiful. 






I added some more items to my space upstairs. I had these items around the house, but decided to move them. Love, love, love this gift. The person who sent this knows very well how much I love my beloved Las Cruces. The yellow heart is the cherry on top. 

Another item added to my space. Handmade by my bestie from Cruces. 

I have been a soccer mom for almost 15 years now and I am so thankful for all of those years. The teams my children have played on, the parents we have met and fallen in love with, the boys and girls who become more than teammates. The whole experience has been one long blessing - even the hard seasons. Being a soccer mom is one of my favorite roles.

I also included the WillowTree figurine of the mom rocking her child. My mom bought this for me the year Sarah was in and out of the hospital. Every time I look at that figurine I think of that year and how I would have gone to the ends of the earth to protect my girl and to comfort her in any way that I could. It also reminds me that I am my kids' mom. Because of that, in their eyes, I have a magical mom make it better touch. Just being in my arms is comforting to them because I am their mama. 


No comments:

Post a Comment