Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Preparing For Thanksgiving

We made the decision as a family to stay home for Thanksgiving. We knew that we could only travel back to Ohio for one winter holiday and we chose to go back for Christmas instead. We know that it will be a quiet day, but we kinda like it that way. I have planned some activities to do and hope that my children will humor me in what I have planned even though they have probably outgrown the days of planned activities.

I ordered my Thanksgiving food this past weekend and picked it up yesterday, so I am prepared for the meal. I just need to bake a couple of pies tomorrow and maybe have Elizabeth bake some cookies and we should be all set in terms of what needs to be prepared ahead of time.

We are looking forward to a quiet day watching the Macy's parade, looking through the Black Friday sales ads, watching football, and eating delicious food. There will be no shopping on Thursday night as I am extremely anti-shopping on a holiday, especially this one.

Josh and Sarah have tomorrow off from the public school, so that will be nice. Because Josh and I stayed home during Fall Break, it will be the first time all 5 of us (since Bob has to work) have been able to spend some extended time together since school started. I am looking forward to having my people together - even if it is just here and there as Josh's social life is now quite extraordinary.

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. I hope that your day is stress free and filled with good food.


No comments:

Post a Comment