Monday, November 11, 2019

It's Too Important Not To


The day before Andy was hospitalized for another lung collapse I was working on his and Josh's high school transcripts. I couldn't remember all of the classes they had taken and I was scrolling through previous homeschooling blog posts in hopes of filling in the gaps based on what I had written about those previous years; in going through all of those old posts I realized just how grateful I was for all of the years that I had been committed to this space because I was able to capture so many memories and thoughts that would have otherwise been lost forever. It also made me feel a little sad because I realize that there are so many things over the course of these last couple of years that I haven't documented; so many tiny moments that should have been savored in this space, but weren't. 

I cannot change the past, but I can change what I am doing in the present. I miss having my camera as my constant companion. It is broken, but still usable in an annoying kind of way. I miss capturing all the moments of our lives - the little ones as well as the big ones - and sharing them in this space along with my thoughts. From what I gather, you do as well; I have had multiple people reach out to me to let me know what this space is something they miss receiving updates on. 

So, with camera in hand and annoyed looks on my kids faces, I plan on picking up where I left off. Life is too fast and to important to me not to. These memories are too important not to document. 





We are having an infestation of lady bugs - I wonder if they know the cold spell that is about to hit is coming and are trying to get inside the house for some warmth. Honestly, I don't care what their reasons are. I love lady bugs and am happy to see them anywhere. 


This week's fresh flowers. Flowers bring me joy. 






Sarah made bagels for the family. Yum!
Bob, Andy, and I took a walk through a park about 20 minutes from our house. The park winds along the White River. It was a beautiful day and enjoyed being out in nature very much. By the looks of things, so did Lily.














No comments:

Post a Comment