Thursday, November 21, 2019

White River State Park

Bob and I took the kids to White River State Park this past weekend. The park is located within the Indianapolis city limits and follows a canal system that leads to the White River. It was a really cool experience, and although it isn't much of a state park in the traditional sense with trees and woods and natural space it was still something I was glad to get to do. If we are still here in the summer, you can rent paddle boats and kayaks and make your way through the canal (which runs through the city, I believe) in those. I think that would be super fun to do. 

These colorful panels turn in the wind creating a beautiful effect. 


The brick building shown here is the NCAA headquarters. It's cool to think about the decisions made here and how they affect college athletes. 



Me and my people. I am now the shortest one in our family. Crazy how time changes everything. 

The White River. (I have no idea what this white streak is...)






This is a steam powered clock. 

Elizabeth showing Sarah the mammoth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment