Sunday, November 14, 2021

Homeschooling Week 7

 Last week was another good(ish) week of school. I got a bit distracted Friday, and so some of our school plans got delayed until Monday, but we did get through a good chunk of our work. 

Sarah and I changed up her science and instead of her listening to an audio cd of the text I am instead reading the chapter out loud to her. This way we can outline/take notes on each section as we go through it and she can ask questions as needed. Prior to this week I didn't really know what was going on with her science learning because she was doing most of it independently. She had her first science test a couple of weeks ago and we both realized that she wasn't understanding the concepts presented as well as she thought because she did not score so well on her test. Hopefully, working on her science in this new way will help her to learn the material in a way that will help her score higher on her next test. 

Other than that we just keep trucking along. We have one more week of school left before a two week break for Thanksgiving/Sarah's birthday. 

I do need to remember to take more pictures of what our days look like. I keep forgetting and only remember when I go to write these updates. 


No comments:

Post a Comment