Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 8 of our 2021 - 2022 Homeschool Year

 We had a super good week this school week. One of our best yet.  The girls worked super hard on their assignments (with rare exception) as we will be taking a scheduled two week break to travel for Thanksgiving and then to welcome visitors and celebrate Sarah's birthday the week of December 1. 


Your art assignment.
Sarah and Elizabeth had to complete an art assignment on using geometric shapes to create depth in a piece of art. This is Sarah's work. 

Elizabeth's art assignment.

Stack of school books sitting on the kitchen table

A photo of my book with you in the blurry distance reading Little House.
Sarah and I have been reading through the Little House series for a couple of years now. She reads to me in braille in order to help her stay fluent in braille and also to increase her braille reading speed. Some days, depending on how tired she is feeling, she will read to me a page or two. Other days, she will read up to 7 pages. 

Elizabeth at the kitchen table reading to me from her science book.
Elizabeth learns best if she can read her material out loud to me, and so I sit with her every day and listen as she tells me all about astrology. She picked her science curriculum this year, and so far she really likes astrology which is great for me because in years past science as always been her least favorite subject. Now it is towards the top of the list as one of her favorites. 





You and Elizabeth working on your art project at the kitchen table.

A list of this week's assignments
Completed work for week 8.


Page 2 of your completed assignments.






No comments:

Post a Comment