Monday, December 9, 2013

Stuck in a Rut

I don't know if it is the seemingly constant overcast sky day in and day out in this part of the country or the busyness of the season, but I have gotten myself stuck in a rut. It seems as if everyone else around me has all of their s$&t together, and I am the lone freak who has no idea what she is doing anymore. (That is assuming I knew what I was doing to begin with.)

I really dislike ruts. I can be a very harsh critic of myself, and sometimes the condescending thoughts that seem to run through my brain like ticker tape (is that what is is even called?) overwhelm me to the point where I feel like I am just awful in every aspect of my life.

I am not going to run through the list of things that I am upset about or chastising myself about because I know when I look at my list I will just get upset with myself for not being more grateful for the things that I do have in my life and for the things that are going right.

I just need to get out of my own head. If only I could figure out how to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment