Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Two Good Days

Sarah had a great birthday. After opening up her presents in the morning my mom and dad took care of the boys and Elizabeth for the day so that Bob and I could take Sarah out for some fun. She choose to eat lunch at Panera Bread. Afterwards, we took her to the ice skating rink in town. We were all a little wobbly at first, but after a bit we all seemed to get the hang of it. I couldn't help but think about the times when I was little, and my grandpa or aunts would take me ice skating on a lake near their home. I wondered if Sarah would remember days like her birthday with the fondness that I remember about certain aspects of my childhood. I certainly hope so. When we were finished we took her to the mall so she could buy some new shoes with her birthday money as well as some clothes. She also chose to get her ears pierced. She wanted to go out to a local restaurant called the Winking Lizard with both sets of grandparents and her aunt for dinner, so that is just what we did. After dinner everyone came back to our house and sang happy birthday to Sarah. We had a good time, but most importantly she had a great day. When I tucked her into bed that night she told me that it was the best birthday she ever had. 



Birthday love.


The gifts that the kids used their own allowance money on and bought for Sarah.





Newly pierced ears.

Waiting for our table at the Winking Lizard.

Stuffed from dinner.



On another note - I had a great day yesterday. I spend a lot of money on myself, but it was worth it. I feel absolutely no guilt over spending so much money on myself, and I am pretty sure that this is the first time in my life I have been so guilt free when it comes to money spent on me. I got several new (to me) outfits and a new (to me) winter coat. I also got my hair colored and highlighted as well as cut and styled. I also got my eyebrows waxed which I loved. I then got my nails done.  I went to the store, just like I said I was, and bought some new make up and earrings. When I was getting ready this morning I felt like a million bucks. When I told my husband how much I spent I was figuring that he would be upset, but he didn't balk. It is so nice to be able to splurge on myself and to know that my husband thinks that the money was very well spent. It makes me feel good. I am going to do this more often. My aunt posted the following on my FB page, and I couldn't agree with the statement more. I am just sorry it took me 34 years to realize this: 

One happy mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment