Thursday, December 19, 2013

This & That

Bob and the kids are outside playing in the snow. It is such a gift that my children have such a wonderful father. They have no idea, and never will, what it is like to have an absent, unloving, uninvolved father. As I watch them playing outside I realize how lucky we are to all have each other to rely on. I need my kids just as much as they need me. I marvel at the beauty of our family, and how honored I feel to have been given such a gift.

***********************************************************************************

I was playing Uno with the Sarah this morning, and I happened to ask her how her eyes were doing. She has been off of her medicine for 4 days now, and I always am a bit on edge looking for signs of something going wrong. To my utter delight, Sarah told me that she felt like she did not even have MS. She said that she had absolutely no blurriness in eyes and no black spots either. I have been waiting to hear those words for the last 6 months and 1 day.

Now, I know full well that things could very quickly go down hill, but for the time being I will let those words sink into my heart because I now know that it is fully possible for Sarah to feel like a normal girl again - even if it is only momentarily. But, the words keep creeping into my heart, what if she feels better because of the dietary changes we are making? I know that the reality is that we only started making these changes a couple of weeks ago, but what if it is possible that she is feeling better because of the food she is now consuming and the vitamins she is taking? I know that it sounds nuts, and most likely is not the reason, at least not this quickly, but it sure is nice to imagine what if? It definitely gives me the hope that I am on the right path. Hope is the catalyst for a great many things.

***********************************************************************************

I love my boys. I feel like I don't talk about them enough. I really have two of the sweetest boys ever created. Andy has the purest heart of anyone that I know. I think that anyone who knows him would agree with me in saying that he is a stand up kind of guy. I love that young man, and admire him in so many ways. He reminds me a lot of my grandfather. I admire my grandfather a lot for so many reasons. Josh is harder to read than Andy because, while Andy wears his heart on his sleeve, Josh tucks his away. It is only when he has been wounded do I see the emotions openly pour out of him. Both boys are great helpers. I love to watch them as they grow. I adore the fact that I get to walk beside them as they grow and share this part of their journey with them.



I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. I have a feeling that Santa did a really nice job this year getting everyone what they asked for, and although I am usually all about a minimalist lifestyle, I hope Santa went above and beyond this year. My kids don't get a lot during the course of the year, I don't think that they need a lot, but sometimes it is pretty nice to let them be spoiled especially when they are asking for cool things like Legos. 
***********************************************************************************
We had the salmon and amaranth for linner (lunch/dinner - what we call our meal with Bob before he goes to work) today. It did not go over so well. Everyone (including me) tried the salmon, but no one was really impressed. The amaranth was not a success either. The green beans and salad that we had with the meal were the most successful part of the entree. Oh, well. We will just try different recipes next time. I am not going to eliminate either of those foods from our diets quite yet as I feel they are very important we will just have to try different recipes. 

***********************************************************************************
Well, that's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment