Friday, February 7, 2014

10,000 & Climbing

I remember once, in the very beginning of my blogging journey, that I had looked at a blogger and saw that she had 10,000 hits on her blog and thought, "Man, I hope to have that many hits one day." Well, that day has come.

I have been watching my blog count climb steadily day by day post by post, and it feels good to have reached a goal of mine.

Now, don't get me wrong - I know quite well that I am an extremely small fish in a HUGE pond. Some bloggers I follow regularly get 10,000 hits a month! Can you believe that??!!! I am sure that the best bloggers out there hit that goal daily and then some.

I have watched as my individual blog counts are slowly increasing and it appears that more and more people are coming to this space to connect to the words being written. If I had to guess, I would say that I know 99% of you (although I really have no way of knowing), but I do believe that there might be a couple of you out there whom I have absolutely no idea who you are.

I have always said that I do not write this blog for anyone, but myself and my children, and that is true. But what I have failed to mentioned is that this blog is one of the very few things that I have that allow me to be someone other than a mom or a wife. It allows me to be me as an individual. Here, in this sacred space, the person that you get to know is the person that I am when all of my masks come off. It is the me that I see when I look into the mirror and stare into my own blue eyes.

I feel very blessed to have people read my blog. There are so many out there that I am honored that you choose to take time out of your busy life to read my updates on Sarah or rant about something or just to share the days of my life with you.

It means a lot to me that there are those that can connect with parts of what I am saying. I know that the blogs I love the most are the blogs that inspire me in some way or where I can relate to the blogger in some way.

So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for helping me to reach a goal of mine without even knowing I had one in the first place. (Now time to make a new goal!)


No comments:

Post a Comment