Monday, April 14, 2014

A Birthday Celebration

Today is Bob's birthday. He is turning 35 years young. His birthday is the first in  family, and is then followed quickly by Andy, me, and then Josh. Today, though, is all about him....

Today is a day of celebration. A day to start anew. A day to dream of what the next year will bring. A day of Hope.

We will be starting off our birthday with a nice big birthday breakfast made of bacon, eggs, english muffins, and some freshly brewed coffee. Following that will be present opening (or if the kids cannot wait - which what kid can? - we will be opening gifts and then having breakfast.) We then have to make a trip up to see Dr. Rensel. She will be going over Sarah's eye exam and MRI from this past Friday. (PLEASE wish us some good luck.) Hopefully, she will have some news as to why Sarah is having such a hard time with her eyesight once she is off of her steroids. After her appointment we are going to head over to the Great Lakes Brewery for some lunch. This will be followed by a trip to the West Side Market so that Bob can pick up a steak to cook out here at home. This evening we will be low key with cake and family time along with video games for Bob and the boys.

I am pretty excited about Bob's gifts. I think he will like them. I tried really hard this year to make them something special. To go along with our theme of 'No Regrets' living. I think I succeeded. I cannot tell you yet what I got him in the event that he reads this before he opens his gifts. I have worked too hard on this to let it be spoiled. Needless to say I feel like it is Christmas morning. I cannot wait to see the look on his face when he opens his card. Sarah bought him a card for his birthday that I think is going to make him cry. I started crying right there in the store when she handed it to me. It is the perfect birthday card from her to him, and it will be one that he will treasure and keep forever.

Bob is a really good man. An honest man. A hard worker. A really sweet and good husband. And an amazing father. My kids and I are so lucky to have him in our lives.  He is a genuine man. A rare man among the many that are out there. A man of character.


Happy Birthday, Bobby. I love you so very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment