Monday, October 20, 2014

This LIfe

Today the moving company is sending out three people to pack up our home here in Ohio. Tomorrow all of our possessions will be loaded onto a truck and shipped down to New Mexico. Our time here, in this city that has been our home for the past 15 years, is quickly coming to an end.

The kids and I are going to stay at the house tonight instead of going to a hotel, per their request,  and we will be having a camp out on one of our bedroom floors upstairs. We will be sharing memories, walking through concerns, and bringing to close one chapter of our lives.



I am so grateful for this home right now. Grateful for the memories we have shared here. Babies we have brought home to this house. Birthday parties, Christmas, bringing Lily home for the first time, moments with friends and family...all of it.

 I had a calm wash over me last night. Perhaps it was the grace of God?  I don't know, but either way I knew that stressing out about this house was no longer an option. This house will sell (or not sell) when it is meant to do so. My stressing out about it is not going go to hurry that sale up.It is just going to make my life more difficult. I sent up a prayer of gratitude, and let it go. I fell asleep last night, for the first time in so long, without any trouble.

I am filled with a deep sense of gratitude for all of those who have made our lives what it is. Both those little moments and the big ones have gotten us to this point. I am forever thankful.

It will be about a week or so before I can post again. The moving truck is scheduled to arrive by next Tuesday ( 8 days from now) in New Mexico. By the time we unpack, etc...it may be a bit before I can sign in again. Rest assured, I will do so as soon as I can to give you the first glimpses of our lives as New Mexicans.

With much love....


No comments:

Post a Comment