Tuesday, October 14, 2014

When Something Once Loved Becomes A Burden

I have lived in this current home of ours for 11 years. For most of those years I have loved this space. Sure, there were parts of it that I would have liked to tweak, but for the most part, it was a good house. Bob grew tired of this place long before I did. He has been itching to get out of here for years. Where I saw things as quaint he saw then as unbearably small.  The tight spaces that I learned to live with he learned to grow agitated with.

Eventually, I too, grew tired of this space. Once that happened everything that I once loved about this house became the very same things I disliked about it. I felt trapped by it. Stuck. When Bob and I decided to take this promotion with his current employer never in a million years did I think I would have the trouble selling this house that I am. There have been so many people to come through and provide positive feedback on it, but none who have loved it enough to call it their own. I cannot seem to give it away.

I try so hard to look at this house as I once did, so that I can leave it on good terms. I want to be able to remember all of the good it brought - all of the great memories. I don't want to leave this house with the feeling that it is hindering my progress to move forward. I don't want to see it as a burden, and to feel that weight in my dreams anymore.

This house will be a good home to the next person who buys it. Based on our current asking price there is equity already. The bones of the house are good. The neighbors are kind and I know that I could go to them in times of need. It is next to a park and there are plenty of children in the neighborhood.

We stayed in this home too long. What was once a home is now just a house us. Even if we weren't moving across the country we still would have needed to move to a new home in our current community because I can no longer see the beauty here. I am hoping once it is sold I can regain some of those wonderful memories I cherished so much, but for now I cannot wait to leave it all behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment