Saturday, August 22, 2015

204 & An Action Plan



(Photo courtesy of pinterest.)

Ever since I put this post out there I have been thinking a lot about my health. Questions such as: Is health more than weight? Is being healthy more than what I put into my mouth and how much I exercise? Is my weight struggle more than just a calories in and a calories out issue?

The answer to all of these questions is a resounding YES!!!!

I know that there are those of you who are struggling with the same issues because some of you contacted me regarding those issues. I know we hear each other loud and clear.

Some of the greatest things about myself are that I am completely stubborn, unrelenting, and unwilling to give up (long term) on something once I set my mind to it. What this means for an all or nothing girl like myself is that I will go balls to the wall trying to lose weight, have a bad day or two, fall off of the horse, gain the weight back, wait a while, and then try again. I have done this over and over and over again. Now, some might see this as a negative quality, but I am choosing not to look at it from that vantage point. Because here I sit ready to get back on the healthy horse again, and I need to remember that even though I may fail I also may succeed. That in itself is worth trying again for.

What matters to me is that, yes, I have fallen off of the bandwagon more times than I can remember, but I am willing to dust myself off and try again and again.

Here's the thing:  I don't know if my goals toward health are going to work out this time. I may be writing another post in a year saying the same things. This certainly isn't the first post I have written about trying to get healthy. But what I do know is that if I keep on trying and am kind to myself during this process, and am forgiving towards myself, and most importantly, loving towards myself I think I will have a much better chance at success than if I wasn't kind, or forgiving, or loving towards myself.

(Photo courtesy of: goodreads.com)


So, what am I going to do about my health?

Here is my action plan:

Spiritually: 
I am going to keep attending church every Sunday. 
I am going to continue to grow in my faith as much as I can each and every day.

Emotionally: 
I am going to take a step back when I feel myself getting stressed out. Take a 10 minute break (or whatever amount of time I feel is necessary) to regroup and refocus.
 I love to journal, so I will journal when I feel a calling to do that. 

Physically:
I am going to walk with the dogs 5 days a week. 
I am going to do 25 sit ups 5 days a week. 
I am going to lift weights 2 days a week.
I am also going go back to a plant based diet
Being a vegan really spoke to me for a lot of reasons and when I choose to only consume plant based foods I feel so much better in every aspect of my well being: spiritually, emotionally, and physically. 

I know that this road is not going to be perfect, but I am going to remember to be kind, forgiving, and loving to myself just as I would be to anyone else in my life that is going on a journey such as this. 

Every day is a new day. A new beginning. Maybe next year I won't be writing to you about how I am going to lose weight. Maybe next year I am going to be writing to you about how I am a less stressed out woman whose faith is stronger than ever who weights 65 lbs less than she did on August 22, 2015. Only time will tell...

Photo courtesy of: streadystrength.com



No comments:

Post a Comment