Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Perfect Day

Today is a perfect day. Josh received some wonderful news regarding soccer. Andy finally has an 'in' to the robotics program we have been trying to get him into since we moved here last October. Sarah received a care package from one of her dearest friends from Ohio. The boys are having a sleepover with two of their closest friends in New Mexico. Bob and the girls are headed out to El Paso to see 5 bands play (Candlebox and Hoobastank are two of the bands) at a concert in one of their parks. We got some yard work done today. Swam a bit. And me? I get the night off. The boys are occupied. The girls are on a date with their dad. I have several hours stretched out before me. I was going to do housework, but Bob suggested that I take the night off and just chill. So, I am going to do just that. I might indulge myself in some TV or maybe read a book or sit outside in the shade and enjoy the weather or any other of the endless choices I have.

I am not worried today about where we are going to be in the future or how long we have left here. I am here in the present. That in and of itself is a gift. A gift I very much cherish.


All of these pictures were taken from my backyard...


This is my view almost every day. 

Helps me to remember that there is so many bigger things out there than myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment