Friday, December 16, 2022

43

I celebrated my 43rd birthday on May 7, 2022. I had the second best birthday of my adult life. (My favorite birthday of all time was my 39th birthday. I spent the day on my favorite Pacific coast beaches.) 

On this birthday, I knew that I wanted to spend the day at the ocean and so after Elizabeth's soccer game Elizabeth, Bobby, Andy, Sarah, and I headed out to the ocean. (Josh was at school.) I had such a good time walking on the sandy beach and looking out into the horizon at the seemingly endless ocean. Hour after hour was spent walking up and down the coast and sitting in a beach chair letting the waves hit my ankles as the tide went in and out. 


The dining room table with  table confetti, an empty vase, two beige candlestick holders with green candles have burned down on them, a tulip plant, and my birthday cards on it.
Elizabeth made homemade birthday decorations for me - which I absolutely loved. 

A view from the dining room into the living room. The picture is trying to capture the construction paper decorations Elizabeth made and hung from the dining room ceiling.
The decorations in this picture also have a strand going along the wall to the right. Elizabeth was up until the wee hours of the morning creating these decorations for me. I loved them so much that they are still hanging up in my dining room. 

My new camera sitting in its case.
I have been asking Bobby to fix my camera for me as it has been broken for a while and I love taking pictures of my family. My camera has been an essential part of documenting my parenting journey. Bobby bought me a new (to me) camera for me instead. This one coming with a bunch of fancy accessories that I did not have with my old camera. 


Elizabeth on the soccer field getting ready to start the game. Her hands are on her hips and she is staring in our direction as we sit on the sidelines. She is wearing a baby blue jersey.
Elizabeth had a 9 am soccer game the morning of my birthday. I did not want her to miss her game, so we watched her play and then headed out to the ocean from the field. 

Elizabeth watching the ball on the opposite end of the field. She has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing her baby blue soccer jersey with matching socks, black shorts and her cleats.

All six of our names drawn in the sand.
Elizabeth was sure to remind everyone that it was my birthday as she created sand art the whole time we were at the ocean. It was very sweet of her. 

Looking out towards the endless ocean from the beach. White bubbles take up a third of the picture where the waves have crested and hit the beach. There are ominous, dark storm clouds hovering over the ocean. In the distance, towards the horizon is a section of rainbow barely seen, but there.
It was supposed to rain in the afternoon at the beach on my birthday, but we ended up having about 5 minutes of rain fall on us. We watched as the storm headed out over the open water and spotted this rainbow on the horizon. It was really cool. 




The words 'Happy Birthday Mom 43' are written in the sand.

A better picture of the rainbow at it sits on the horizon. The dark clouds hang low in the sky. The waves are crashing with more power as the storm blows in.



A drawing Elizabeth made of a bald muscular man with a six-pack in the sand.

Another different sand decoration saying 'Happy Birthday mom'.



No comments:

Post a Comment