Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Favorite Quotes on a Blah Day

Today is a blah day. So, instead of rambling on about several of the issues rattling around in my brain I am instead going to share with you some of my favorite 'mommy quotes'.



"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but
whose place no one else can take."
-- Cardinal Mermillod

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother."
-- Lin Yutang
 
"Motherhood is like Albania-- you can't trust the descriptions in the books, you have to go there."
-- Marni Jackson
 
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
-- Theodore Hesburgh
 
"Children are the sum of what mothers contribute to their lives."
-- Unknown
 

  "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
-- William Ross Wallace
 
"A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it's too late to let her know that he sees it."
-- W. D. Howells
 
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
-- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
 
(All above quotes from: www.momscape.com)
 
I never thought that you should be rewarded for the greatest privilege of life.-Mary Roper Coker Mother of the Year 1958
 
I love being a mother...I am more aware. I feel things on a deeper level. I have a kind of understanding about my body, about being a woman.Shelley Long
 
If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.-Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
 
I looked on child-rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring it.-Rose Kennedy
 
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaries jobs in my field since the payment is pure love.-Mildred B Vermont
 
My son is my son till he gets him a wife, But my daughter's my daughter all the days of her life. -Author Unknown
 
(All above quotes obtained from: www.focused-momentum-lifecoach.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment