Thursday, November 8, 2012

This I Believe:

I get so much encouragement from the blogs that I follow. I find that so much of what I read on the blogs that I hold sacred ring true to me that it is eerie sometimes. So, today I thought that I would share with you some of the things that I believe in with my whole heart. Maybe some of the items will bring you encouragement or hope because you believe in them too, and you now know that you are not alone. Maybe some of the items will surprise you because you have known me for a while and never knew that I believed in these things - either way here is my (incomplete) list...
 
 
I believe:
 
  1. In family
  2. That the TV is a drug and that we medicate ourselves and our children with it too much
  3. That violent video games have no place in my home
  4. That video game and computer time should be limited
  5. That genetically modified food has no place in our food supply
  6. That the way that we raise and slaughter animals for human consumption is unnatural and inhumane
  7. In sustainable farming practices
  8. In local food
  9. In organic food
  10. That children desire and deserve our time - not material possessions
  11. That as a society - we need to place greater value on a mother staying home with her children
  12. That the greatest gift I can give to my children is to try and create a warm, loving, home environment where they feel they have a voice.
  13. That my children deserve to be respected - any human being does - my children are no exception
  14. That there is value in marriage
  15. That we, as a society, do not place enough value on marriage
  16. That we jump into marriage too quickly
  17. That we jump out of marriage too quickly
  18. That ALL people have the right to be married.
  19. That a woman loses her right to have an abortion the moment she chooses to have sex
  20. That my children are not my possessions, but rather gifts to me, that God has lent to me for a short period of time.
  21. That less is actually more.
  22. That this too, shall pass
  23. That I have a small group of women who totally get me, and where I am coming from, and love me just the same.
  24. That I value my friendships immensely
  25. That I value my family more
  26. That I am trying to instill in my children that family comes first - ALWAYS.
  27. That my children should have each other's backs.
  28. That my children should never speak ill of their siblings to others outside of our home.
  29. That it is my job to protect my children
  30. That it is my husbands job to be the breadwinner (for now)
  31. That is is my job to be a home maker (for now)
  32. That women CANNOT have it all (mom, wife, career woman) at once, BUT we can have it all over 1 lifetime.
  33. There are certain areas of my life that I will always be striving to make/be better at


No comments:

Post a Comment