Monday, November 5, 2012

Will They Know...

I was watching my youngest son walk into school today, and my heart filled with gratitude that I have such a wonderful young man in my life. Actually, I have two wonderful young men and two wonderful young ladies in my care. I got to thinking on the ride home from dropping Josh off that I hope they know how much I love them. I hope they realize that no matter what they do - I will always love them. I may not like something that they do, but I will ALWAYS love them. There are not many things that I believe in this life that are forever. Marriages can crumble, careers change, belief systems change, friendships come and go, but a mothers love is forever. Sometimes it is hard for me to express my love to my children. I am not a naturally touchy lovey type of a person. I wish that I was, and because of that wish I make a conscious effort to give hugs and kisses and snuggle time, but to say that it is something that naturally comes out of me would be a lie.
 
Still, I hope they know that because of my deep abiding love for them - I would do anything for them. My love for them is the only unselfish love that I know. I hope they know that I love them without keeping score. I love them when they are pretty and ugly, happy and sad, sweet and mean. I love them unconditionally and for always.
 
I hope that when they feel alone in this world, as is bound to happen from time to time, that they will feel my love for them radiating in their hearts - no matter where they are or how old they may be. I hope that my love will help sustain them when their own tanks are running on empty.
 
I hope they know that although I am not a perfect mother that I am doing the very best that I can. I hope they know that, sometimes, Mommy makes mistakes too. I hope they know that I will support them in whatever they feel their calling is. I hope they know that I will love them no matter what their sexual orientation, religious beliefs, economic status, or political beliefs.

 
I hope they know that I will love them forever, and ever, and always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment