Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's Been A While...

I got sick last week, and when Mama gets sick all hell breaks loose. I haven't been sick in a really long time, and I had always contributed that to my vegan lifestyle change last September. But for the last several months my vegan died turned to into a vegetarian diet which means that I was adding a lot of unhealthy junk back into my diet. At first it was a cookie here and a cookie there, and then it was something made with butter here or a little bit of milk there, until I was compromising a promise I made to myself to not consume animal products just about every day. My body was feeling terrible and I was putting back on weight. It was the perfect storm for getting a cold, and last Thursday I could feel it taking hold. I was down for the count for a good 4 days, and even now, I feel much better I am still not 100% back to normal. I am, though, back to my vegan diet, and I can tell I am already losing some weight again. My body and soul feel better when I am choosing to eliminate animal products from my diet, and I will continue focus on not consuming those types of products.

On another note the realtor came over today, and we entered into a 6 month contract to place our house on the market. The listing will be online on Tuesday of next week, and a sign will be placed in our yard on the same day. If the house doesn't sell within 6 months I am taking it off the market and we are just going to make do.I feel terrible for Bob because he has worked so hard the last 6 weeks painting and repairing and replacing items in the house, and although the house should sell very quickly at the price point we are listing it at it is still less than he was hoping to be able to list it at. The new carpet (installed yesterday) looks so nice as does the new roof we put on. We have a minimal amount of furniture in the house which is awesome. I cannot believe that I feel that I needed all of that junk that I had stuffed into this house before. There are a few things that I miss that are packed away, but for the most part I am loving our minimalist lifestyle. I think I would like to incorporate it into our lives permanently. It is pretty freeing knowing that all of the stuff that we spend money on that we think that we need or our kids needs really just isn't true. We could spending that money creating memories by doing things together rather than spending it on material items that just collect dust. For example, instead of spending the amount of money that we do on Christmas gifts which, honestly, the majority of go unused after just a month or two we could be spending a week on a cruise as a family or flying to the east coast to go to Cape Cod. I would rather focus on making memories rather than using that money to buy something that really means nothing.

School is going well. I would like to have more fun with the kids because right now it is just work, work, work. Don't get me wrong, work is good and important, and necessary, but I brought them home to have fun too, and to celebrate being a family. So, we will start to take some trips here and there - things like the zoo, museums, parks - and use the freedoms that homeschooling buys to enjoy so much more than just the rote part of education. I am so glad that I brought them home this school year. I don't know how long they will want me to home school them for, but I can tell you that I have loved having them all home with me. I feel closer to each one of them, and I cherish the time that we have together each day even if some days get quite hectic. Bringing them home is a blessing, and I don't take that lightly.

I love my family dearly. I cherish them more now than I ever have with everything that has transpired with Sarah since May 18th. I want to protect my little pod of people, and build memories with them, and love on them, and get to know them better as unique individuals. With that in mind, I think that I am going to ease up on the baby thing. If I got pregnant I would be ecstatic, but I don't think that I am going to live my life in two cycles any more. I would love to add to our pod, but I also feel that if what we are now is all that we are meant to be as a family then that would be okay too. I feel very strongly that if I am meant to be a mother again, then it will be so, but if I am not - for whatever reason - then I still end up as the luckiest woman in the whole wide world because I have the best kids and husband a woman could ask for. If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen some things differently so that having more children wasn't such a hurdle, but if I had chosen any minute detail of my life differently, then I wouldn't be where I am today. And I am exactly where I am meant to be at this moment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment