Monday, September 2, 2013

Getting It Back Together

I have gotten off track again...seems I have a habit of doing that a lot...sometimes I wish that I could just believe in what I believe in, and that live that belief, and be done. Not second guess myself and not allow outside critics inside my head. 

When things are running smoothly - when I am taking care of myself and living my life to the best of my ability - when I am living authentically - I feel wonderful. 

When I am not being truthful with myself, and I am not living according to my core beliefs then I feel awful. I have allowed that awful feeling to creep into my life over the last several months, and it has now taken over my well being. Time to regain control.


**********************************************************************************************************************************


“Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'


'Does it hurt?' asked the Rabbit. 


'Sometimes,' said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. 'When you are Real you don't mind being hurt.' 


'Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,' he asked, 'or bit by bit?' 


'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.” 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

To be nobody but myself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle any human can fight, and never stop fighting. - e.e. cummings
**********************************************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment