Saturday, November 2, 2013

Home At Last - Another Update on Sarah

"There is no place like home."

 Oh, how Dorothy hit the nail on the head. We are all home. All 6 of us, and it feels great. There is a lot going on with Sarah still. She had a vision test this morning and her right eye is 20/40 and her left eye is 20/50. There has been vast improvement in her vision, and for that I am truly grateful to Western medicine, but we still have a ways to go.

I am extremely tired, and therefore will not go into every detail of what is going on with Sarah right now. Being this tired and emotional makes me a bit dramatic. Drama is not needed in this type of a situation, nor anywhere in my life for that matter. Suffice it to say, after I have had a good nights sleep, and have had some time to think over what some of the doctors have said to Bob and I regarding Sarah's future I will let you all in on the details.

I will let you know now that the MRI of her brain did show a new lesion. This is bad news, BUT the MRI also showed some of her old lesions as getting smaller and some are even gone. (Which really confuses me because based on what I have read/know I didn't think that once lesions were on a persons brain they ever went away.) There is a lot of back and forth right now with some doctors giving our family information that is the polar opposite of what a previous doctor had said, so we have a lot of information to sift through.

For now, all I know is that the people that mean the most to me in this whole wide world are under the same roof. We will take the night to snuggle and love on each other. Tonight belongs to us. Tomorrow we can tackle all of the challenges we face, and decide as family with Sarah taking the lead, what works best for her in terms of managing this disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment