Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Birthday Boy - Andy

At 10:44 am on May 5, 2000 one of the purest souls ever known to man was born. Weighing in at 10 lbs and 2 oz Mr. Andrew Timothy entered this world. He was (and is to this day) the greatest gift I have ever received as he was the first to give me my role as a mother.

I have had the pleasure of watching Andy grow these last 15 years. It seems impossible that he is already 15. How did the time fly by so quickly? Where did all of those years go? I will ponder the answers to those questions all of the days of my life.

Andy is truly one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, most pure of heart people that has walked the face of the earth. He takes everything at face value never looking at an ulterior motive. He sees the best in everyone. He is a hard worker and a day dreamer. He has used the adversity in his life to his advantage and has not ever once let it poison and harden his heart. Nothing in life has ever been handed to him and he has to work  and earn everything he has whether it is his soccer ability or his education. I used to feel sorry for Andy that unlike some of his other siblings nothing comes easy to him, but I know now that part of who he is is because of those hardships. They have made him a better person. A more resilient person.




Andy is an old soul. He is gentle and thoughtful and forgiving. He is so many things I wish I could be. I admire him immensely. He is wonderful big brother in that he is such a uniquie individual. I haven't had "terrible teen" years with Andy. Being his mother and watching him grow has been a blessing to me. He is easy going and a joy to have.

I don't tell him often enough, but I love him with all of my heart. I love watching him grow into the young man he is becoming. He is just learning to come into his own and it has been an honor for me to walk beside him as he journeys from childhood through the teen years and on into young adulthood.

This past year has been quite eventful for Andy. He got to play on the middle soccer team with his brother. (This was the first time the two boys have ever been able to play on the same team.) He flourished on this team and was a joy to watch.  He developed a deep and life long friendship with the Boorman family. He asked one of his closest friends of many years to be his first girlfriend. He moved to NM. He had to deal with some adversity in getting onto a soccer team, and then watch as his brother settled onto a team that is a perfect fit for him while he had to settle for a sub par team for himself. He struggled with his education a bit as he watched his brother fly by him in math and spelling. He saw his sister hospitalized every month for the first 7 months of 2014 and then again in September of that year. He watched body change from that of a boys to that of a young mans. He grew taller, and if at possible, sweeter with every passing month.  He had both ups and downs, but as with everything that seems to cross his path in life, he handled it all with a poise and grace that I don't think even most adults possess.


Andy, not being one for crowds and loud situations, has asked that we spend the day at home today. And so, Bob rented a slew of video games which he and the boys played last night and will continue on playing on and off today. (Which is a gift in and of itself since I normally do not allow extended video game time.) We will be going out to eat at Andy's favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden, for dinner. This will be followed up by an ice cream cake purchased from The ColdStone Creamery. We made a homemade pinata (since we have found that the store bought ones break way too easily for my growing crew) and filled it with Andy's favorite candy.  Otherwise, we just plan on laying low today. Having a lazy relaxing day just as Andy has requested.


Happy Birthday, Andyman!




No comments:

Post a Comment