Friday, May 1, 2015

Just One of Those Days

Do you ever have those days when it seems that everything needs attended to? My house is on the verge of looking like a war zone. My laundry pile could rival the size of the Organ Mountains. There is food that needs to be bought. Bills that need to be paid (and our bank is performing online maintenance for who knows how long). I feel like I have been running the kids around nonstop these last few days since I have been home. Mama is running herself ragged. 

I am glad that I got to be away from my family for almost a week. It is good for me to miss my husband and kids. It allows me to clear my head and take a step back and look at things a bit more objectively. That is nice. I am lucky that I have a husband who is willing to hold the fort down for me and who is willing to take time off of work for me to do so. I am thankful that I have a competent husband who helps out and knows that sometimes mom needs a break. 


But....when mama is gone there is a lot that is not done.(At least not done to a normal standard.) Sure the house is kept up on (kinda) and there is food in the refrigerator (if you count take out), but as we know very clearly, ladies, dad does not run things like mom. We moms run a pretty well oiled ship and we have a certain way that we like things...a certain way that the whole family relies on. 

With my to do list created I am ready to get this house back in order. It will take me all weekend, but come Monday life will be smooth sailing again with everything in order, a menu planned, homeschooling schedule put back together, laundry completed and put away, bills paid. 

Come Monday, life will once again be good in Las Cruces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment