Friday, October 16, 2015

A New Day Came

Yesterday was a bad day. Not an awful one, as I have experienced what I would classify as truly awful and I know the difference between bad and awful days. How about less than stellar? Maybe that would be a good way to classify yesterday.

After I posted by blog about the day it just kept on going in the same fashion. Bob did end up working late as I had suspected and by the end of the evening I sent him a text that I was waving my white flag and that he needed to come home NOW. Lucky for us both he was already on his way home and I was able to have someone to share the last remaining bits of my evening with him.

I woke up today and began a new day. A new beginning for which I was very thankful for. The day turned out to be a good one. I was able to straighten up the house last night (I had assigned it to today's 'To Do' list) and began the day with a clean house. That is always glorious. The laundry is completed. (Even though I have about 10 loads needing to be folded, but I am saving that for Sunday so that I can watch the NFL while "doing something" and not having mama guilt about not being more productive with my time.) I was able to make a grocery list and shop. The kids completed all of their assigned school work. I made a game plan for next weeks school work (which usually doesn't happen until Sunday). I made cookies with the girls. Made pancakes for breakfast. And have a game plan for dinner. The kids are playing nicely and have been doing a great job with my electronics ban in the house. (Well, except for a quick check of my email and a blog post). I exercised with Bob this morning. And, the best part of all, Bob went into work late to make up for the last couple of days and their craziness.

In a weird way I am thankful for bad days because it makes appreciate the good days all that much more. Life is good in Las Cruces!


No comments:

Post a Comment