Thursday, October 15, 2015

Schlepping Through The Day

Do you ever have those days where you feel like you are just schlepping your way through it? The kinda day where nothing major happens, but instead a bunch of little things become one big thing until you get to the point where you cannot wait for the day to end? Today is one of those days for me.

I have had it up to here with some of the bad behaviors that my boys have developed. The master plan that I had for the school week hasn't quite gone the way I wanted it to. The co-op that we joined is cramping my style because it falls on an already super busy day of the week making me very grateful it will be done next week. The house work is piling up. The cupboards are almost empty and, God-forbid, my kids get creative with their snacks! The dinner that I thought I had all of the ingredients for it turns out that I do not have all of the ingredients for. The cookies I wanted to bake this afternoon cannot be made without the flour that I do no have enough of. Bob worked a long day yesterday and went into work early again today only to be home at close to the usual time tonight (even though he said he was going to be home early - it doesn't ever really work out that way).  It is one of those days.

So, today when I think that I am alone in having a bad day I will remember you. Because even though I keep telling myself that surely everyone else has it together except for me. I know better. I know that tomorrow I may have a great day and perhaps you will be stumbling through yours. It is just part of being a human, but especially part of being a mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment