Monday, October 12, 2015

My Electronic Challenge

As a mama I have met here in Las Cruces noted on my blog I am in the process of climbing back out of the hole I have created for myself by being plugged into my electronics too much. I cannot escape electronics altogether. Too much our society functions solely through them. No longer do we get phone calls about changes in sports practices or dance lessons. Instead we get texts. No longer do we get letter mail notifying us of news. We get email instead. Therefore, because just about all of society functions solely through electronics, so must I.

I am challenging myself to seriously cut down on how much of my time I spend plugged in. My goal is to not be on electronics at all 3 days a week unless my telephone rings. (No texts, emails, television, blogging, etc...) The rest of the days of the week I am going to limit my time spent on the computer or my phone to just 30 minutes. I am going to cut TV down to only NFL football games and only 2 games on Sunday.

This challenge will be hard for me as I have gotten myself into a pretty deep hole of electronic dependence. I am excited though to see how much of my time I gain back and how much more I can get done in my day.


Image result for images quotes on technology making us lazy

No comments:

Post a Comment