Saturday, February 26, 2022

Homeschooling 2021-2022: Weeks 15 & 16

We are now actually beginning our 18th week of homeschooling, but because I have been a bit behind in posting these I am only showing our life homeschooling through weeks 15 -16.



a photo of our school things spread out on the family room coffe table.
I couldn't figure out how to rotate this photo using blogger, so sideways it will stay.

Photo of Elizabeth working on her braille.

photo of our week's lesson plans

Photo of you working through your school work while sitting on the loveseat in the family room.

 Last week we finished up our 16th week of homeschooling. We have been in a really good routine lately - probably one of the very best we've ever had in all of our years of homeschooling big kids. I can see us finishing up our school year with this routine, but as we all know very well, life can sometimes surprise us with curveballs, so I don't want to plan too far ahead. What I will say is that what we are doing now is working very well and I know the girls would agree. 

Opportunity Areas: Art. For sure, it is art. It is going to take us all school year to earn a semester's credit because I am terrible about executing our art lessons. The crazy thing is that they aren't terribly teacher heavy - meaning that they don't require an awful lot of prep work and, more often than not, they don't require me to buy a lot of extra resources I can literally teach the girls the lesson and then allow them the time and space to work on the project at hand and be done with it (with maybe a little extra help for Sarah). I don't know why I drag my feet on this subject because it doesn't have to be as painful as I am making it. Aargh!

Successful Areas: I would have to say that I feel that one of our strongest and most successful parts of our homeschool right now is our routine. Like I mentioned above, we are doing really, really well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment