Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Birthday Celebration - Andy

Dear Andy,

Thank you for being such a wonderful young man, and not being too upset that your birthday was not as amazing as past birthday's have been. I know that you were pretty bummed that the places to play laser tag and ride go carts were closed. I am sorry that Sarah's treatment took a couple of hours longer than expected and that we did not get home until 2 pm. I hope you had fun playing video games with the kids and going to Grandpa's to shoot your BB gun. I hope dinner with the whole family at the Olive Garden was as fun as you wanted it to be and that your Oreo ice cream cake was as delicious as you thought it would be when you asked Dad and I do get that for you as your cake selection.

You are am absolutely AMAZING young man. I have said it a million times, but I will continue to say it until the day I die: you are my inspiration for so much of what I do. You have the sweetest demeanor. I admire the fact that you know who you are and aren't going to let anyone or anything sway your personal convictions. You remind me so much of my grandpa - and you know how I feel about him. You have all of his wonderful qualities, and I am truly blessed to have both of you in my life to be a beacon of light to me.

I know that this past year has been really hard on all of us., I am proud of how wonderful you have been in absorbing all that is happening to us and asking questions when you need to, but also helping out when Dad and I needed you to.

You have grown by leaps and bounds this past year. Your voice has changed - I sometimes think Dad is home when really it is the sound of your voice I hear. You are moving from a little boy to a young man, and I am so very honored to be able to walk beside you through this process of growing up.

I hope that you have an amazing upcoming year. I hope that it is everything that you imagine it to be. You are an amazing son, and I am so honored to be your mother.

I love you more than you will ever know.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment