Monday, May 12, 2014

Healthy Habits - Week 1 - My Ground Rules/Struggles/Successes

In trying to become more healthy I knew that there were several key things that would make this attempt successful. One of the biggest pieces of this success will be to keep a food, liquid, and exercise journal documenting all things consumed and all activities done in the name of better health. 

In my food journal I label each day at the top and then have a special section where I keep track of how many 20oz (that is how big our glasses are) cups of water I drink each day. I have another section where I list what exercise I did for the day. Finally, I have then have a large section where I jot everything that enters my mouth that is not water (coffee, tea, etc...) and all food. 

On the very first page of my food journal I have listed 10 rules for myself:

Rules for Success

Eat Vegan Foods Only
Have 3 Servings of Fruit Daily
Write Down All Exercise, Beverages, and Food Consumed Daily
Weigh In On Monday and Thursday
Forgive and Move On
Try For 5 Servings of Veggies Daily
Only Water, Hot Coffee, and Unsweetened Iced Tea to Drink
Work Up to 6 Days of Cardio & 2-3 Days of Weight Training
Be Proud of All Changes No Matter How Small
(Small Changes Added Together = Big Changes)
Goal:  Lose Enough Weight That I Am Healthy and To Make These Changes Permanent


Successes for This Week: 

- In 4 days I have Lost 3.5 lbs 
- I exercised 3 out of 4 days
- I kept my food journal daily


Struggles for This Past Week:

- It was hard to remember to drink water
- It was hard to keep up with my food journal
- I forgot how much more work it takes to prepare healthy meals for myself. 
-I couldn't resist one of my father-in-laws delicious homemade cinnamon muffins. (Definitely not vegan or healthy.)

Goals for the Upcoming Week:

- Keep up food journal.
- Keep exercising.
- Try to incorporate more water into my day. 

1 comment: