Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 2 & 3

I have some great, great news!!!! Sarah gets to come home early!!! If her surgery goes well tomorrow to put in a central line either under her clavicle or in her neck (which ever they can get to) then she will under go her second plasmapheresis treatment in the hospital and then they will release her tomorrow afternoon. (She currently has a central line in her groin, but she cannot go home with that one, so that is why they are taking that one out and putting in a new one in her clavicle/neck.) She will have to undergo thrice weekly plasmapheresis sessions on an outpatient basis for the next two weeks, but she will be home when not there.

I am thankful that she gets to come home. I had no idea how we were going to make it through 15 days of hospitalization. 4 days of it will be enough for us.

Day 2 of her hospital stay went well. She received her first plasmapheresis treatment yesterday, and everything went smoothly. She also had a couple of eye tests to determine how much atrophy there on her optic nerves.

Sometime during the night last night her IV started to bug her when being flushed, but so far no blown line. The nurses are keeping a close eye on it though. I am nervous about it blowing tomorrow because she has to be put under sedation to receive her central line, and the nurses will use her current IV to administer her medicine. Hopefully, this will not be the case.

Day 3 was okay. She was restless today. We had to stay in our room for a good portion of the day waiting to meet with doctors, but we tried to make the best of our time by reading, doing crafts, playing board games, and doing school work. (She just loved that I brought her school work to the hospital - not!)

Tomorrow will be a waiting game for me. Bob is with Sarah tonight, and I am nervous wreck about her surgery. I don't want her to be in pain - I know that she most likely won't be - at least not while the surgery is going on, but still I don't want her to be hurting when she wakes up from her surgery either. The whole process makes me nervous. Her coming home with a tube sticking out her neck area makes me really nervous too.

Thank you to all who have reached out to me. I appreciate it. I have been so busy bouncing back and forth that I have not had much time to respond to you - please forgive me.

Thank you also for all of your prayers and well wishes. I believe that it was partly those thoughts and prayers that got her released early.

Tomorrow night will be an evening of celebration in our house.  Our girl is coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment