Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 2 : Healthy Habits - Struggles & Successes

Week 2 was a rough one because I am an emotional eater. This weekend I had take out (Chipotle & Chinese) and I also ate more carbs than I care to share. I am overweight because I do not exercise enough and because I love carbs in a way that should be illegal. Pasta, bread, bagels, you name it. If it has carbs (and is refined - I only like the worst kind of carbs) then I love it.

I know that this time the weight loss is not about being skinny at any cost. It is about changing my bad habits and replacing them with good healthy ones. I know that this will take time, and that there will be bad weeks and good weeks. I need to figure out what my pitfalls are and then do whatever I can to mitigate those so that I can be successful in losing weight.

Anyway, here is the nitty gritty:

Week 2 Weight Loss - 1/2 lb
Total Weight Loss to Date - 3 lbs

Successes - I kept up with my food journal & I exercised more days than not.
Struggles - I failed to drink enough water and to log it in my food journal. I also had a hard time making healthy food choices.


Goals for the Week Coming Up:

Incorporate my weight loss guru, Bob Harper, this week. My goal is to workout with him (a la my DVD player) twice this week plus keep up with my walking.

Figure out what my eating pitfalls are and then come up with a game plan to tackle them one at a time so that they no longer set me back.

Try and drink (and keep track of) my water intake.


No comments:

Post a Comment