Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 4 - A Day of Celebration

Bob sent me a text this morning to let me know that Sarah's surgery went well. Her central line is in place. I didn't realize that she was going to be put under general anesthesia for this procedure, but she was. She was in recovery the last time I heard from him and he was just about to be let in to see her. I hate to say it, but I am glad he is there with her instead of me. I have gone through that process of putting her under and being there when she wakes up before and I don't like it. It makes me so sad to see her little body lying there so helpless and groggy.

She will have one more treatment in the hospital, and then we are on an outpatient basis beginning on Monday.

Anyway, if everything goes as planned Sarah should be released around 4 pm today. We are planning on having a small celebration party for her with her immediate family. My kids are super excited that she is coming home. As long as she is up for it, visitors are more then welcome starting tomorrow. I know that being away is hard on her both physically and mentally, so seeing her friends / cousins would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment: