Monday, November 24, 2014

Browns Backer Club & Our Thanksgiving Tree

Just a random hot air balloon that showed up behind  our home on Thursday of last week.
Bob created a Brown's Backers club here in NM. He had to follow certain rules (I have no idea what they are), but after doing so was able to officially create the Las Cruces Brown's Backers Club. He received a bunch of paraphenalia in the mail - of which he was super excited about - and Sarah set it up for our weekly Sunday viewing of the Browns game.


Pom-Pom's courtesy of the Brown's Backers Club...

Yes - some of our new furniture arrived! Keepsake bag from club.

Dog bone from club and balloons too. (That hideous entertainment center /wires will be vanishing as soon as our new one arrives in the next couple of weeks.)




They sent band aids too!



I saw a "thankful" tree on Pinterest and decided to try to make one for our own family. We had fun in the process and it was neat to see what each of us was thankful for.


Andy working on the trunk of the tree. 


Working diligently.



Sarah adding her 'thankful leaves'.

My thankful leaves.

Sarah's thankful's

Josh's thankful's

Elizabeth's thankfuls

More of Josh's thankfuls

Our finished tree (in our unfurnished and unpainted - for now - family room)
Here is what each of us wrote on our leaves:

We are thankful:

Me

For being brave enough to go against the grain
For Sarah's courage
For the ability to be a homemaker
For Lily
For my friends
That I am a seeker
For Andy, Josh, & Elizabeth's ability to unite as one under adversity
For my family- both near and far
For my home
For Hope and the power it possesses.

Andy

For my family
For my framily (Andy, Josh, Boorman, Michael, & Logan)
For my girlfriend
For home ( both Ohio and NM)

Josh (His made me tear up.)

For the Gregg family and its adventures
For the "framily" -Josh, Josh, Logan, Michael, and Andy
For my other parents -The Boormans
For our old house - that will always be my home
For our two beautiful dogs Lily and Jenny**
For my friends Logan, Jack, Andrew, Michael, Emma, Ellie, Jake, and Katie
For our new 3200 square foot house
For my career that I'm pursuing

Sarah

For my big brothers and my little sister
For my family
That  I'm getting my dream kid room
For our big house
For my mom and dad
That I can see
For my friends
That my family is together

Elizabeth

For Josh
For Andy
For our house
For Sarah
For Lily,
That Sarah can see
For having a pool

**The kids do NOT have a second dog at this time. The deal that Bob promised them was that once we moved into a bigger home he would buy them a second dog for the family. Well, the kids remind Bob on a regular basis that 2000 square feet bigger than our old home definitely constitutes bigger. They have a point...Bob although trying desperately is losing this argument and knows it. One thing that does helps the kids case (even though they don't know it) is that they told Bob that if he got them a second dog they would like to name it Jennings (and call it Jenny) in honor of our old road at our Ohio home - Jennings Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment